Musk plans IPO for SpaceX's Starlink business
- Dow ends at record high, Nasdaq falls as tech slides
- Trump's Facebook (FB) Ban Upheld, Oversight Board Asks Company to Come Up With a 'Proportionate Response' Going Forward
- PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c, Offers Q2 and FY Guidance
- Peloton (PTON) Plunges After Recalling All Treadmills, Analyst Says Will Negatively Impact Broader Tread Rollout
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Gains After Topping Q1 Consensus as 5G Story Accelerates, 'More to Come' Says Analyst
FILE PHOTO: SpaceX founder and chief engineer Elon Musk attends a post-launch news conference to discuss the SpaceX Crew Dragon astronaut capsule in-flight abort test at the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida, U.S. January 19, 2020. REUTERS/
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk plans to list SpaceX's space internet venture, Starlink, several years in the future when revenue growth is smooth and predictable.
"Public market does *not* like erratic cash flow haha," the billionaire entrepreneur tweeted https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1310672832783884290 on Monday.
Musk said last year that Starlink was an important new revenue stream for his California-based Space Exploration Technologies, or SpaceX.
SpaceX President Gwynne Shotwell in February floated the idea of spinning Starlink off for an IPO in the coming years.
SpaceX is racing to build out its Starlink satellite constellation to offer broadband internet commercially by the end of 2020.
Musk, in his tweet, also said he is a "huge fan" of small retail investors and will ensure they get top priority.
(Reporting by Akanksha Rana in Bengaluru: Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) taps tiny startup Springpower's tech to build cheaper, cleaner batteries - Techcrunch
- Tesla (TSLA) Dips 2% on Reports it is Facing 6-Months Delay in Opening Gigafactory Berlin, 2022 Estimates Should Go 'At Least' 75K Units Lower Says Analyst
- Active options: AAPL TSLA AMD PLTR NIO PFE AMZN FB SNAP BAC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs, Reuters
Related EntitiesTwitter, Tesla, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!