LinkedIn-backed Confluent confidentially files for U.S. IPO
- Wall Street ends volatile week sharply higher
- Disney (DIS) Dips As Streaming Business Shows Signs of Slowing Down, Analysts 'Very Bullish' on LT Opportunity
- Airbnb (ABNB) Bookings Up 52% to Help Sales Beat, Seen as a 'Blow Out Quarter' as More Upside is Left
- DoorDash (DASH) Reports Bigger Loss and a Sales Beat, Shares Soars on Strong Guidance and Two Upgrades to 'Buy'
- Coinbase (COIN) To Add Dogecoin Trading in the Next Few Weeks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Confluent Inc, a real-time event streaming platform, has confidentially submitted paperwork for a U.S. initial public offering, joining hundreds of other tech startups that are looking to cash in on the current boom in capital markets.
The company, which is backed by Microsoft Corp's LinkedIn, did not disclose any other details about its listing plans on Thursday.
Mountain View, California-based Confluent, whose other investors include venture capital firms Sequoia Capital and Index Ventures, was valued at $4.5 billion in April 2020 after its last fundraise, according to PitchBook.
The cloud technology-based company also allows organizations to build applications that react and respond to data flow, its website said.
The U.S. market for new listings saw companies raising a record amount of capital through stock flotations last year and 2021 is poised to eclipse that soon, with companies having raised a total of about $150 billion through IPOs so far this year, according to data from Dealogic.
(Reporting by Sohini Podder in Bengaluru; Editing by Amy Caren Daniel)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exclusive: Personal finance startup NerdWallet files for U.S. IPO - sources
- Vera Therapeutics Inc. (VERA) Prices 4.35M Share IPO at $11/Sh
- Some early U.S. data suggest May jobs report could echo April weakness
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs, Reuters
Related EntitiesSequoia Capital, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!