7 Things to Know About the Upcoming Amplitude (AMPL) IPO
- Nasdaq rises after strong Microsoft forecast
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Tops EPS and Revenue Estimates But Shares Dip on YouTube and Cloud Miss, Analysts See Positive Risk/Reward Despite High Expectations
- Oil drops more than 1% as U.S. stockpiles rise sharply
- Microsoft (MSFT) Stock Gains on Strong FQ1 Results and Guidance, Analysts Raise Price Targets on Azure and Windows Outperformance
- Goldman Sachs Expects Coca-Cola (KO) Stock to Outperform Today After Strong Q3 Results
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Amplitude (NASDAQ: AMPL), the California-based data analytics company, has filed paperwork for a direct listing that is expected to take place next week. Here are 7 key facts you need to know about the upcoming Amplitude IPO.
1. Amplitude IPO Date - Amplitude is set to make its public debut via direct listing on September 28. Shares of the company will start trading under the ticker symbol “AMPL” on the Nasdaq stock exchange. Typically, shares that make their public stock market debuts start trading between 10AM-2PM ET.
2. Amplitude IPO Pricing - The reference price is still unknown. In the S-1 filing with the SEC, Amplitude said that it sold shares in the private market at a price ranging between $21.00 and $43.57 in Q3 this year. The Volume-Weighted-Average Price (VWAP) for the quarter was $35.41. As a reference, the implied $4 billion valuation and the total number of outstanding shares would imply a price of $39.00 per share.
3. Shares Offered - Amplitude has filed to sell 35,398,389 shares of its Class A common stock. At the end of June, the number of outstanding shares stood at 102,464,655.
4. Amplitude IPO Valuation - The data analytics company was valued at $4 billion in the private market in June this year when it raised $150 million, according to Bloomberg. The total capital raised to date is $336 million.
5. Amplitude Investors - Sequoia, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, and Benchmark Capital are major investors that backed AMPL in the past.
6. Amplitude Customers - The company counts Ford, Walmart, Burger King, Atlassian, Postmates, Nerdwallet, and NBCUniversal as its high-level customers.
7. Amplitude Financials - Amplitude reported a net loss of $24.6 million on sales of $102.5 million in 2020. Revenue in the first half of this year jumped 57% to $72.4 million while net loss was $16.5 million.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sg Blocks, Inc. (SGBX) Announces Direct 3.16M Share Offering at $3.65/sh
- Valneva SE (VALN) Launches 5.5M ADS Offering
- Claros Mortgage Trust (CMTG) Launches 7M Share IPO at $18.65-$19.65/sh
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesIPOs, Insiders' Blog
Related EntitiesBenchmark Capital, S1, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!