Microsoft (MSFT) Near Deal to Acquire Nuance (NUAN) - Report
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) is nearing a deal to acquire Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) for approximately $56 per share, Bloomberg reported over the weekend. A deal could be announced as early as this week.
Stifel analyst Tom Roderick views Microsoft as a logical buyer of Nuance and notes the two have worked together for many years, "with Nuance turning Microsoft's ambient listening technology to the market in the form of DAX two years ago."
"The partnership has more recently focused on telehealth use cases through Microsoft Teams and Nuance's Dragon Medical solution. If completed, this deal could rank as Microsoft's second highest acquisition, behind the $24bn deal to buy LinkedIn in 2016," Roderick adds.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bill.com (BILL) to Acquire Divvy for $2.5B
- Science 37 to Become Publicly Listed via Merger with LifeSci Acquisition II Corp. (LSAQ)
- Builders FirstSource (BLDR) Acquires John's Lumber
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot M&A, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesStifel, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!