Elon Musk's SpaceX Raises $1.68 Billion via Equity Financing
- Growth stocks drag Nasdaq lower, energy shares bounce
- Just Another Bear Market Rally, Morgan Stanley's Wilson Says
- Oil prices rise amid G7 talks on new Russian sanctions
- Coinbase Downgraded to Sell at Goldman on Further Downside Risk, Robinhood Upgraded to Neutral on Better Risk-Reward
- Michael Burry Warns of the Bullwhip Effect, Says the Fed Could Reverse Course
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
SpaceX, founded by Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) CEO Elon Musk, has raised $1.68 billion via equity financing, the startup company said in a regulatory filing.
A couple of weeks ago, CNBC reported that SpaceX was looking to raise $1.725 billion in fresh funding at a price of $70 per share. This would imply a valuation of roughly $127 billion.
Raised funding is likely to be used to cover massive investments in the Starship rocket development and Starlink broadband internet satellite constellation.
Yesterday, the company received a green light from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) that its Texas development site had no significant environmental impact.
“The FAA determined that the Proposed Action would not result in significant environmental consequences and has issued a Mitigated Finding of No Significant Impact/Record of Decision (FONSI/ROD),” the regulator said in a press release.
SpaceX said that the ruling brings it “one step closer to the first orbital flight test of Starship.”
The company’s Starlink satellite unit has already launched around 2,600 satellites to space since 2019.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tesla (TSLA) Judge Orders New Damages Trial In Factory Racism Case - Bloomberg
- Democratic Lawmakers Want the FTC to Investigate Apple (AAPL) and Google (GOOGL) - Report
- Cathie Wood's ARK Gains Significant Recent Inflows Despite Disastrous Year - Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot List, Private Company News
Related EntitiesTesla, Senad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!