4 Rumors Lighting Up Wall Street Today
- Wall St posts third straight quarterly loss as inflation weighs, recession looms
- Intel's Autonomous Unit Mobileye Files U.S. IPO, Defying Weak Market Conditions
- Nike (NKE) Drops 9% as Inventory Surges 44%, Analysts See Attractive Valuation
- Hollywood Super Agent Attempts to Open Door for Twitter-Musk Settlement - Bloomberg
- Dollar up on euro as quarter ends, commodity led currencies sink
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stocks closed lower again today but that didn't stop rumors from pushing several issues higher during the trading day. Below we highlight 4 rumors that were circling trading floors.
2. Freshpet (NASDAQ: FRPT) gained 16% on reports from the Wall Street Journal that activist investor Jana Partners has a nearly 10% stake and plans to push it to make changes to boost its stock price and explore a sale.
3. Credit Suisse (NYSE: CS) shares sold off nearly 6% on reports it was considering leaving the U.S. market, which it later denied.
4. Pinterest (NYSE: PINS) was in the rumors mill again today as Elliott Management's 9% stake was highlighted in Barron's which discussed that the hedge fund wants to the see company sold. That said, a merger with PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), another Elliott stock, is said not to be on the table.
By StreetInsider.com Staff
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Altria's (MO) Move to End Noncompete Agreement 'Makes Sense'
- Tenneco (TEN) Falls on LBO Debt Worries as Brightspeed Bond Sale Shelved
- 02micro (OIIM) Enters into Definitive Agreement for "Going Private" Transaction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot List, Rumors
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Elliott Associates, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!