3 Rumors Buzzing Around Wall Street Today
- Wall Street ends down after stunning jobs growth raises Fed questions
- Elon Musk wins 'funding secured' trial
- U.S. nonfarm payroll growth blows past forecasts in January, up 517k
- Analysts defend Apple (AAPL) as earnings miss drags shares lower
- Amazon (AMZN) drops after earnings, analysts worried about AWS uncertainty
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Stocks closed sharply lower Monday as worries about a slowing China recovery due to COVID lockdowns and hawkish fed speak had bulls pulling back. Amid the downside, several rumors swirled around Wall Street. Below we highlighted a few:
Univar (NYSE: UNVR) gained 4.5% after the company confirmed that it has received a preliminary indication of interest from Brenntag SE regarding a potential transaction. Analysts at Deutsche Bank think the company could be seeking $40/share-plus in a deal. "At $40/share, Univar shares would be valued at 9.7x ‘23E EBITDA," the analysts commented.
By StreetInsider.com Staff
Want this type of news in real-time as it happens? Upgrade to StreetInsider.com Premium Here
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Limited upside for Qualtrics International (XM) says Deutsche Bank analyst
- SharpLink Gaming (SBET) CEO Issues Letter to Shareholders
- The Arena Group Holdings (AREN) Announces Preliminary FY22 Results; Reaffirms 2023 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot List, Rumors
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!