Robinhood (HOOD) IPO Opens Flat
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Today's IPO for online broker Robinhood Markets Inc. (NASDAQ: HOOD) opened for trading at $38 after pricing 55,000,000 shares of its Class A common stock at a price to the public of $38.00 per share, the low end of the expected $38-$42 range.
20-25% of the IPO was allocated to retail investors on the Robinhood platform, the low end of the expected 20-35% range.
Vlad Tenev and Baiju Bhatt, co-founders of the online trading business, each sold about $50 million worth of stock. These two together control 65.2% of the voting power of outstanding stock, with the former controlling 26.2% and the latter 39%.
The company reported 22.5 million funded accounts, up from 18 million in the first quarter. It is expecting Q2 revenue to come between $546 million and $574 million, much higher than the $244 million recorded a year ago. In Q1, revenue was at $522 million, up from $128 million a year prior.
Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC and J.P. Morgan are acting as joint lead book-running managers for the offering. Barclays, Citigroup and Wells Fargo Securities are acting as additional book-running managers for the offering.
Underwriters will have an option to buy a further 5.5 million shares.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GitLab Inc (GTLB) Files For up to $100M IPO
- AEye (LIDR) halted on volatility after a spike higher; last up 60.7%
- Malaysia's Top Glove posts 48% profit drop, to seek Hong Kong listing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHot IPOs, IPOs, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesJPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Citi, Barclays, Wells Fargo, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!