Stocks Tank Heading Into Close
- S&P ends modestly lower as rising Treasury yields offset robust retail data
- Electronic Arts (EA) Rebounds on Reaffirmed Guidance Despite Battlefield 2042 Delay, Be Concerned But Not Worried Says Analyst
- U.S. retail sales surprise to upside in strong boost to economy
- Chat Platform Discord Raises $500 Million, Valuation More Than Doubled In Less Than a Year
- Dollar index climbs after U.S. retail sales show surprise rebound
(Updated - September 1, 2015 3:59 PM EDT)
S&P 500 hit session lows and the Dow dropped 500 points intraday as markets broke down heading in the close of trading. Some investors were spooked by the market's inability mount a rally today, while extreme volatility caused others to lose heart.
Earlier Bill Gross said markets resemble a casino and questioned who would buy or sell when 1 hour later prices have changed 1, 2, or 3%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Match Group (MTCH) Highlighted Positively on Upcoming S&P 500 Addition
- AEye (LIDR) halted on volatility after a spike higher; last up 60.7%
- Nasdaq Erases Gain, Goes Red, S&P 500 Now Down 0.2%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Insiders' Blog, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWilliam H. Gross, Janus Capital, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!