Icahn Has Significant Stake in Southwest Gas (SWX) - WSJ
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 5, 2021 10:05 AM EDT)
Carl Icahn has a significant stake in Southwest Gas (NYSE: SWX) and is is pushing the company to abandon a potential acquisition and focus on improving its share price, according to the Wall Street Journal, citing a letter.
The letter was sent to Southwest's board Monday. The letter said the purchase of Dominion Energy's (NYSE: D) Questar Pipeline would be a huge mistake.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carl Icahn Issues Open Letter to Southwest Gas (SWX), Launches Proxy and Announces $75/Share Tender Offer
- Southwest Gas Holdings Issues Response Letter To Carl C. Icahn
- Electric-truck maker Lordstown Motors appoints Adam Kroll as CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!