Icahn Has Significant Stake in Southwest Gas (SWX) - WSJ
- Wall Street falls on slowing China growth, inflation worries
- Zillow (ZG) Stock Falls on Report Company Paused Home Purchases due to High Demand, a Temporary Halt Yields a Chance for Competitors Says Analyst
- Oil prices climb as COVID-19 recovery, power generators stoke demand
- Chip Shortages are Increasingly Becoming a New Bearish Risk, Inflation Bearish for Consumer Electronics - TFI's Kuo
- Walt Disney (DIS) Stock Slips as Barclays Downgrades Amid Disney+ Growth Slowdown
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 5, 2021 10:05 AM EDT)
Carl Icahn has a significant stake in Southwest Gas (NYSE: SWX) and is is pushing the company to abandon a potential acquisition and focus on improving its share price, according to the Wall Street Journal, citing a letter.
The letter was sent to Southwest's board Monday. The letter said the purchase of Dominion Energy's (NYSE: D) Questar Pipeline would be a huge mistake.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carl Icahn Issues Open Letter to Southwest Gas (SWX), Launches Proxy and Announces $75/Share Tender Offer
- UPDATE: AerSale Corporation (ASLE) Mentioned as Long at Prescience Point
- Icahn sees a crisis coming amid money printing, inflation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!