Elliott Management has stake in Duke Energy (DUK) - WSJ
- Dow, S&P post worst week in months after hawkish Fed spooks investors
- Fed-fueled dollar rises as bears make for exits
- Adobe (ADBE) Edges Higher After Topping Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PT on 'Impressive' Performance
- Fed Statement Very Bullish for Tech Stocks, Focus on Cloud and Cyber Stocks - Wedbush
- You Fight Real Physical Inflation With Rate Hikes, Not Talk of Rate Hikes; Buy the Dip in Commodities, Gold Underpriced - Goldman Sachs
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - May 10, 2021 1:15 PM EDT)
Activist hedge fund Elliott Management has built a stake in Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK) and is urging the company to add board members, the Wall Street Journal reported citing people familiar with the matter.
The two sides have been in talks and Elliott may also probe the company to sell some assets or make operational improvements, it was added.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- David Tepper told CNBC the stock market is still fine for right now following Fed
- ArcelorMittal (MT) Sells Remaining 38.2M Shares of Cleveland-Cliffs (CLF), Announces $750M Buyback
- Lordstown Motors (RIDE) Falls 7% After Saying it Has No Binding Orders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesHedge Funds, Hot Hedge Fund News, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesElliott Associates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!