NVIDIA (NVDA) Stock Tumbles After Weak Q2 Preliminary Results on Gaming Weakness
- Wall Street ends sharply higher as Treasury yields dip
- Apple Falls 4% on Report It Will Not Ramp Up iPhone 14 Production, Analyst Not Surprised
- Biogen (BIIB) Surges After 'Best-Case' Alzheimer's Drug Trial Results; Stock Earns Several Upgrades
- Europe Stock Outflows 'Worse Than During COVID Panic' - Citi
- Oil up 4% as Bulls Storm Back In on Hurricane, Crude Draw and Dollar Drop
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Shares of Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA) are down more than 7% after the company reported preliminary revenue for the second quarter.
Nvidia said it expects second-quarter revenue of $6.70 billion, down 19% from the prior quarter and a big miss compared to the $8.10 billion consensus. Nvidia also reported a preliminary adjusted gross margin of 46.1%.
“The shortfall relative to the May revenue outlook of $8.10 billion was primarily attributable to lower sell-in of Gaming products reflecting a reduction in channel partner sales likely due to macroeconomic headwinds. In addition to reducing sell-in, the company implemented pricing programs with channel partners to reflect challenging market conditions that are expected to persist into the third quarter,” Nvidia said in a filing.
Gaming revenue is seen as $2.04 billion, down 44% from the prior quarter and 33% from the prior year. Data Center revenue rose 61% YoY to $3.81 billion.
“Our gaming product sell-through projections declined significantly as the quarter progressed,” said Jensen Huang, founder and CEO of NVIDIA. “As we expect the macroeconomic conditions affecting sell-through to continue, we took actions with our Gaming partners to adjust channel prices and inventory.”
Colette Kress, EVP and CFO of NVIDIA, added:
“We believe our long-term gross margin profile is intact. We have slowed operating expense growth, balancing investments for long-term growth while managing near-term profitability. We plan to continue stock buybacks as we foresee strong cash generation and future growth,” she added.
By Senad Karaahmetovic
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Software Maker Endava (DAVA) Beats Estimates, Reiterated as a Top Idea at Citi
- Don't Expect Rebound in IPO Activity Anytime Soon - Goldman
- Grab Holdings (GRAB) Targets Adjusted EBITDA Breakeven by H2 2024
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGuidance, Hot Guidance, Hot List, Management Comments
Related EntitiesSenad Karaahmetovic
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!