Opener To Demonstrate Human-Operated eVTOL Fixed-Wing Aircraft for Third and Fourth Time
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BlackFly Aircraft Flies Again at EAA AirVenture 2021
OSHKOSH, Wis., July 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- BlackFly made it’s momentous flight debut as the world’s first human-operated eVTOL fixed-wing aircraft in two public demonstrations on Tuesday, July 27th at the Experimental Aircraft Association AirVenture (EAA) 2021.
Who: OPENER, a pioneer of all electric aerial vehicles for consumer travel
What: Opener’s electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) vehicle, BlackFly, to conduct human-operated fights again
Where: The Ultralight Runway, EAA AirVenture
When: Friday and Saturday, July 30 and 31, 2021; 11:30am CT
On October 5, 2011, history quietly was made near the small town of Warkworth, Ontario, Canada. That day saw the first manned flight of a fixed-wing all-electric VTOL aircraft. This event prompted the formation of a stealth company with the sole purpose of pursuing the development of this new unique technology. In September of 2014, the Company reorganized as OPENER and relocated the majority of its operations to Silicon Valley in California to pursue an unencumbered and accelerated development timeline. Find videos and more information at https://OPENER.aero.
Heidi Groshelle, Groshelle Communications
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Agra Ventures Announces Change of Auditor
- READOUT: SBA Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman Visit to Puerto Rico
- Questor Announces Departure of Chief Operating Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!