Mortgage Rates Remain Flat, Lingering Above Seven Percent
- Futures listless as traders await payrolls data for policy cues
- Chewy reports Q3 beat, but shares drop 9% on revenue miss & weak guidance
- Yen roars, bonds flinch as Japan teases rates shift
- AbbVie (ABBV) to acquire Cerevel (CERE) for $8.7 billion; deal 'makes sense' says analyst
- Oil stages small recovery as weak economic outlook lingers
MCLEAN, Va., Sept. 21, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Freddie Mac (OTCQB: FMCC) today released the results of its Primary Mortgage Market Survey® (PMMS®), showing the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 7.19 percent.
“Mortgage rates continue to linger above seven percent as the Federal Reserve paused their interest rate hikes,” said Sam Khater, Freddie Mac’s Chief Economist. “Given these high rates, housing demand is cooling off and now homebuilders are feeling the effect. Builder sentiment declined for the first time in several months and construction levels have dipped to a three-year low, which could have an impact on the already low housing supply.”
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 7.19 percent as of September 21, 2023, up from last week when it averaged 7.18 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 6.29 percent.
- 15-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 6.54 percent, up from last week when it averaged 6.51 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 5.44 percent.
The PMMS® is focused on conventional, conforming, fully amortizing home purchase loans for borrowers who put 20 percent down and have excellent credit. For more information, view our Frequently Asked Questions.
Freddie Mac’s mission is to make home possible for families across the nation. We promote liquidity, stability, affordability and equity in the housing market throughout all economic cycles. Since 1970, we have helped tens of millions of families buy, rent or keep their home. Learn More: Website | Consumers | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
MEDIA CONTACT: Mollie Laniado(571)382-1784[email protected]
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/3f6d91b0-e504-402c-9611-9ca1f78db723
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Form 8.3 - Kin and Carta Plc
- 49ers Arik Armstead Joins Oobli's Advisory Board as Athlete Ambassador
- Global Media Representatives Delving into Captivating Culture-Manufacturing Fusion in Dongguan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!