Mortgage Rates Move Down
- World stocks stay high, Russia's rouble buckles under sanctions stress
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys 750K Shares of Coinbase (COIN), Sells 240K Shares of Tesla (TSLA)
- Dollar dips to four-week low as yields pull back; rouble sinks
- Virgin Galactic (SPCE) Plunges 4% as Founder Richard Branson Sells Over $150 Million in Stock
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MCLEAN, Va., Jan. 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Freddie Mac (OTCQB: FMCC) today released the results of its Primary Mortgage Market Survey® (PMMS®), showing that the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 2.73 percent.
“As the market reacts to a new administration in Washington and COVID-19 driven economic malaise, mortgage rates continued to decrease this week, just slightly,” said Sam Khater, Freddie Mac’s Chief Economist. “Even as house prices increase at the fastest rate we’ve seen in years, competition to buy is strong given the low inventory that exists across the country. The fact that there are not enough homes to meet demand is going to be an ongoing issue for the foreseeable future.”
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 2.73 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending January 28, 2021, down from last week when it averaged 2.77 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.51 percent.
- 15-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 2.20 percent with an average 0.6 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.21 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 3.00 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.80 percent with an average 0.3 point, unchanged from last week. A year ago at this time, the 5-year ARM averaged 3.24 percent.
The PMMS is focused on conventional, conforming, fully amortizing home purchase loans for borrowers who put 20 percent down and have excellent credit. Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following link for the Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.
Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Since our creation by Congress in 1970, we’ve made housing more accessible and affordable for homebuyers and renters in communities nationwide. We are building a better housing finance system for homebuyers, renters, lenders, investors and taxpayers. Learn more at FreddieMac.com, Twitter @FreddieMac and Freddie Mac’s blog FreddieMac.com/blog.
MEDIA CONTACT: Angela Waugaman703-714-0644Angela_Waugaman@FreddieMac.com
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/bef66646-824c-4b3f-88a7-9ce40ed9dc32
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Emergent BioSolutions to Release First Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Conduct a Conference Call on April 29, 2021
- Almaden conducts IP geophysical program at Ixtaca
- For more Recycling