Mortgage Rates Make Slight Shift
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
- Jefferies Raises Price Targets on Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) as They Are Still Inexpensive Relative to Growth, Reiterates Snap (SNAP) as a Best Growth Idea
- Tesla (TSLA) Could Deliver 900K EV Units This Year and 1.3M in 2022 - Wedbush
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
MCLEAN, Va., July 29, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Freddie Mac (OTCQB: FMCC) today released the results of its Primary Mortgage Market Survey (PMMS), showing that the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 2.80 percent.
“As the economy works to get back to its pre-pandemic self, and the fight against COVID-19 variants unfolds, owners and buyers continue to benefit from some of the lowest mortgage rates of all-time,” said Sam Khater, Chief Economist at Freddie Mac. “Largely due to the current environment, the 30-year fixed-rate remains below three percent for the fifth consecutive week while the 15-year fixed-rate hits another record low.”
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 2.80 percent with an average 0.7 point for the week ending July 29, 2021, up from last week when it averaged 2.78 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 2.99 percent.
- 15-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 2.10 percent with an average 0.7 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.12 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.51 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 2.45 percent with an average 0.3 point, down from last week when it averaged 2.49 percent. A year ago at this time, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.94 percent.
The PMMS is focused on conventional, conforming, fully amortizing home purchase loans for borrowers who put 20 percent down and have excellent credit. Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following link for the Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.
Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Since our creation by Congress in 1970, we’ve made housing more accessible and affordable for homebuyers and renters in communities nationwide. We are building a better housing finance system for homebuyers, renters, lenders, investors and taxpayers. Learn more at FreddieMac.com, Twitter @FreddieMac and Freddie Mac’s blog FreddieMac.com/blog.
MEDIA CONTACT: Angela Waugaman 703-714-0644 Angela_Waugaman@FreddieMac.com
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/4bf63c71-d2ac-4a62-b652-aa4d8f719de4
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ESMO late-breaking data show Libtayo® (cemiplimab) and chemotherapy first-line treatment combination significantly improved overall survival in patients with advanced NSCLC
- Junshi Biosciences Announces Expansion of Emergency Use Authorization for Etesevimab and Bamlanivimab Administered Together to Include Post-Exposure Prophylaxis for COVID-19
- Mirati Therapeutics Presents Positive Clinical Data with Investigational Adagrasib as Monotherapy and in Combination with Cetuximab in Patients with KRAS G12C-Mutated Colorectal Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!