Kvika banki hf.: Positive profit announcement
- Wall St. opens lower as inflation worries persist
- AT&T (T) to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA) in Blockbuster Deal, Valuation Estimated at $150 Billion
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Month Lows Before Bouncing as Musk Confirms Tesla Has Not Sold Any BTC
- Bill Gates Left Microsoft (MSFT) Board Amid Probe Into 'Intimate Relationship': WSJ
- Oil prices dip but recovery confidence limits fall
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
While preparing the financial results for the first quarter it has become clear that Kvika banki hf. („Kvika“ or „the bank“) group results are significantly higher than expected. Estimated earnings for Kvika, TM hf. („TM“) and Lykill fjármögnun hf. („Lykill“) is between ISK 2,400 - 2,600 million before tax for the first quarter, but on 30 March 2021, in connection to the merger of the companies, it was announced that Kvika‘s earning forecast, published on 28 January 2021, was no longer valid. The operations of TM and Lykill will be a part of Kvika‘s group from and including 1 April 2021.
Positive growth in commission income in Asset Management and Corporate Finance
Kvika‘s estimated earnings before tax is around ISK 1,000 million, which is considerably higher than expected for the quarter. The reason for higher earnings can be mainly attributed to higher commission income in asset management and corporate finance, but at the same time investment income was above expectations and net loan impairments were lower than expected.
TM‘s Investment Income significantly above expectations
TM‘s Investment Income is estimated to be around ISK 1,700 million and it‘s combined ratio around 103%. According to preliminary financial results for the first quarter TM and Lykill‘s earnings will therefore be between ISK 1,400-1,600 million before tax.
Kvika banki hf.‘s financial results for the first quarter will be published on 27 May 2021.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T (T) Confirms Deal to Merge Media Assets with Discovery (DISCA)
- Charles River Laboratories (CRL) to Acquire Vigene Biosciences for $292.5M
- Roskill: Silicon metal and ferrosilicon market insights and outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGlobe Newswire, Press Releases
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!