T-Mobile hacker says wireless carrier's security "awful" - WSJ
FILE PHOTO: The logo of T-Mobile Austria is seen outside of one of its shops in Vienna, Austria, February 25, 2016. REUTERS/Leonhard Foeger
(Reuters) - The hacker, who stole data of more than 53 million former and prospective customers of T-Mobile US Inc, said the wireless carrier's security was "awful", the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.
John Binns, the 21-year-old American who took responsibility for the high-profile hack disclosed by the company last week, told https://on.wsj.com/3Bi4yHU the Journal that he had used an unprotected router to access personal records of customers.
T-Mobile did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) said last week it would investigate the data breach, with some T-Mobile customers also suing the company for damages in Seattle federal court.
(Reporting by Akanksha Rana in Bengaluru; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wolfe Research Downgrades T-Mobile (TMUS) to Peerperform
- e-commerce stocks split as Rosenblatt favors Etsy, eBay; Chewy rated neutral
- Myanmar military offensive targets land for Russia-backed port project
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
General News, ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share