Pfizer (PFE) in Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT) Takeover Talks
- Nasdaq closes lower as chipmaker Micron's warning renews tech rout
- Citi’s Top Equity Strategist Warns Analysts are Too Bullish on Stocks
- Bank of America Clients Continue to Buy the Rally, New Data Shows
- Novavax (NVAX) Crashes 30% After a Deep Guidance Cut, Analyst 'Frustrated'
- 'Hard to Say' Whether Current Crypto Bear Market is Over - Morgan Stanley
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
The news follows Thursday's report by Bloomberg that large pharmaceutical companies are eyeing a potential takeover deal for Global Blood Therapeutics.
Pfizer is said to be discussing a potential $5 billion takeover of Global Blood Therapeutics. The company's drug for sickle-cell disease was recently approved. The move would bolster Pfizer's portfolio and pipeline.
The WSJ said its sources told them Pfizer is aiming to seal a deal for GBT within the coming days. However, there is no guarantee of a deal, and other companies are said to be "still in the mix."
GBT shares popped 41% following Thursday's report and have gained another 9.5% Friday.
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AppLovin (APP) Makes Offer to Acquire Video Game Maker Unity (U)
- Jack Henry (JKHY) to Acquire Payrailz
- AppLovin offers to buy video game software maker Unity in $17.5 billion deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Hot List, Mergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!