Nvidia surges past $1 trillion valuation amid boom in AI interest
- Wall Street posts gains as investors eye rate outlook
- Amazon to invest up to $4 billion in Anthropic amid AI arms race
- Microsoft (MSFT) has no more Sell ratings as Guggenheim upgrades, admits being 'dead wrong'
- Global share index slips as investors absorb 'higher-for-longer' rate outlook
- Buy Apple, Nvidia, Netflix and these other stocks on a pullback - Citi
Investing.com -- Nvidia (NASDAQ: NVDA) valuation rose above $1 trillion after the stock jumped by more than 4% on Tuesday, as a frenzy for artificial intelligence has powered a fresh surge in the chipmaking giant.
The move makes California-based Nvidia only the ninth company to ever top the trillion-dollar mark.
Shares were given a further boost on Monday after Chief Executive Jensen Huang unveiled a new supercomputing platform in a bid to take advantage of a recent scramble to harness AI technology. In a speech in Taiwan, Huang said that a "tipping point" had been reached in computing that will allow "everyone" to become a programmer.
The remarks came after a sharp increase in Nvidia shares over the past week made the firm the world’s most valuable semiconductor manufacturer.
The rally was driven in part by a full-year forecast that blew past expectations, which Nvidia said was thanks to rapidly increasing interest in AI development.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stock futures point lower; budget stand-off warnings - what's moving markets
- Fed officials emphasize the 'higher for longer' mantra
- 20 Growth Stocks to Consider on a Pullback - Citi
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Investing, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!