Midday movers: GameStop, Rent the Runway, Adobe and more
Investing.com -- Stocks are rising after higher-than-expected jobless claims ease concerns about another interest rate increase next week. Here are the market movers for June 8.
- GameStop Corp (NYSE: GME) shares are down 17% a day after the video game retailer said it had dismissed its CEO and named shareholder Ryan Cohen as executive chairman. Sales in the recent quarter fell 11%.
- Rent the Runway Inc (NASDAQ: RENT) shares fell 15% after the clothing rental company gave a fiscal second-quarter sales outlook that was lower than expected but a full-year outlook that was roughly in line with expectations.
- Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ: ADBE) shares rose 4.9% after it said it was making its Firefly artificial intelligence tools available for big businesses.
- Carvana Co (NYSE: CVNA) shares jumped 43% after the online used car seller said it expects profit to improve. It forecast second-quarter earnings before taxes, interest, depreciation and amortization of more than $50 million.
- Semtech Corporation (NASDAQ: SMTC) shares rose 7% after the semiconductor supplier reported a surprise adjusted profit, with a new CEO starting in a few weeks.
You May Also Be Interested In
- These stocks are Morgan Stanley's top dividend names
- S&P 500 slumps to more than three-month low as tech slides as rates bite
- Dimon: "Not sure if world is prepared" for 7% Fed rate - Times of India
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Investing, Special Reports
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!