Lyft expects positive weekly ride-share growth beginning this week
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
FILE PHOTO: The Lyft Driver Hub is seen in Los Angeles, California, U.S., March 20, 2019. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Ride-hailing company Lyft Inc said on Thursday it expects positive weekly growth in its ride-share segment beginning this week through the end of the year, as demand rebounds following the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines.
The company said its app-based ride volume last week was the highest since March last year. For the following week, Lyft expects volumes to more than double compared to a year earlier.
Scaling up of COVID-19 vaccine distribution is expected to gradually restore pre-pandemic normality to the ride-hailing sector, following a tumultuous year for Lyft and rival Uber Technologies Inc.
Lyft said last month it could make an adjusted profit by the third quarter of this year despite the pandemic, thanks to additional cost cuts and an expected rebound in ride-hailing demand beginning in the second quarter of 2021.
(Reporting by Akanksha Rana in Bengaluru; Editing by Vinay Dwivedi)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Uber, Lyft use rides to vaccines to get drivers, customers back on the platform
- Voting starts in Chad presidential election
- Sixth victim dies from shooting by ex-NFL player in South Carolina home
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!