Ford to halt orders for hybrid pickup Maverick
Ford Maverick 2022 is pictured during the Motor Bella 2021 auto show in Pontiac, Michigan, September 21, 2021. REUTERS/Rebecca Cook
(Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said on Monday it would halt retail orders for the Maverick, an affordable pickup that the automaker rolled out last year, as it did not have the capacity to meet overwhelming demand.
The company will stop taking new orders after Jan. 27 to focus on existing bookings, although customers may still be able to purchase a Maverick at their local Ford dealer.
The company will resume taking orders for the 2023 Maverick in the summer, it said in an emailed statement.
The Maverick compact pickup truck was launched in June with a gasoline-electric hybrid powertrain as standard equipment, a technology choice aimed at keeping the vehicle's starting price below $20,000.
The worldwide shortage of computer chips has left car manufacturers unable to complete assembly of some new vehicles, prompting several companies to idle production.
(Reporting by Kannaki Deka in Bengaluru; Editing by Maju Samuel and Aditya Soni)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ford (F) PT Lowered to $14 at Morgan Stanley
- Russian online retailer Ozon warehouse in Orenburg region hit in drone attack, governor says
- Premarket movers: Crypto stocks rally, Ross Stores jump on upbeat forecast
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
General News, ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share