Ferrari says internal documents online, but no evidence of cyber attack
FILE PHOTO: The Ferrari logo is seen at the company's headquarters in Maranello, Italy, June 8, 2021. Picture taken June 8, 2021. REUTERS/Guglielmo Mangiapane
MILAN (Reuters) -Ferrari said on Monday some internal documents had been posted online and the luxury sports carmaker was working to identify how this had happened.
It will implement all the appropriate actions as needed, it said in an emailed statement.
Ferrari added it had no evidence of a breach of its systems or ransomware, and said there had been no disruption to its business and operations.
Earlier on Monday, Corriere della Sera newspaper, citing the Red Hot Cyber website, said Ferrari had been the victim of a cyber attack and seven gigabytes of documents, including internal ones, datasheets and repair handbooks, had been made public.
It added the alleged attack had been carried out by RansomEXX cyber gang.
(Reporting by Giulio PiovaccariEditing by Mark Potter)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Barclays upgrades American Tower and Crown Castle on valuation, growth catalysts
- Deutsche Bank calls Treasury buyback doubling similar to ’operation twist’
- Micron unveils $10 billion AI memory research lab in Boise
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
General News, ReutersSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share