Etsy not thinking of accepting bitcoin right now: CEO
- Microsoft (MSFT) Near Deal to Acquire Nuance (NUAN) - Report
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
FILE PHOTO: A sign advertising the online seller Etsy Inc. is seen outside the Nasdaq market site in Times Square following Etsy's initial public offering (IPO) on the Nasdaq in New York April 16, 2015. REUTERS/Mike Segar
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Etsy Inc Chief Executive Officer Josh Silverman said on Friday the e-commerce retailer is not thinking about accepting bitcoin as a form of payment right now, saying more people need to buy and own it before it can be used as tender.
In an interview with CNBC, Silverman said he personally has been a holder of the world's biggest cryptocurrency for the last six or seven years as he sees it as an interesting store of value.
Etsy shares were trading 8% higher premarket, after it reported better-than-expected fourth-quarter revenue and gave a strong first-quarter forecast.
(Reporting by Uday Sampath in Bengaluru; Editing by Krishna Chandra Eluri)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Etsy (ETSY) March Traffic Nearly Doubled - Jefferies
- ISS and Glass, Lewis back IsZo directors for Nam Tai board
- Most European city-dwellers support 2030 ban on combustion car sales, survey finds