Elon Musk's SpaceX raises $1.16 billion in equity financing
- Wall St headed higher after fewer jobless claims, inflation data
- Bitcoin Falls as Musk Says Tesla (TSLA) Will Suspend Vehicle Purchases Using Bitcoin, Citing Use of Fossil Fuels in Mining
- Alibaba (BABA) Misses Q4 EPS by 21c, Revenue Beats, Offers Guidance
- Dollar holds gains after inflation surprise; Aussie dollar extends losses
- Tesla (TSLA) Bulls Weigh in on 'Head Scratching' 180 Degree Turn By Musk on Bitcoin, One Analyst Still See the Crypto Heading to $4M
FILE PHOTO: SpaceX headquarters is shown in Hawthorne, California, U.S. September 19, 2018. REUTERS/Mike Blake
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Reuters) -Billionaire Elon Musk's SpaceX has raised about $1.16 billion in equity financing over the last two months, the private rocket company said in an amended regulatory filing on Wednesday.
The filing comes after SpaceX, whose investors include Alphabet Inc and Fidelity Investments, in February disclosed that it raised about $850 million, which had reportedly lifted its valuation to about $74 billion. (https://bit.ly/3g8wK8S)
The private space company had raised $1.9 billion in August in its largest single fundraising round, according to financial software and data provider PitchBook.
In February, a prototype of SpaceX's Starship rocket, SN9, blew up on its final descent, like SN8 before it. The SN9 was a test model being developed to carry humans and 100 tons of cargo on future missions to the moon and Mars.
Following this, the U.S. House of Representatives Transportation and Infrastructure Committee said last month it was investigating a SpaceX commercial space launch that regulators determined violated U.S. safety requirements and its test license. (https://reut.rs/2Rvy7UV)
Musk, who also leads several futuristic companies, including Tesla Inc, Neuralink and Boring Co, said last month SpaceX will be landing its Starship rockets on Mars well before 2030.
(Reporting by Chavi Mehta and Subrat Patnaik in Bengaluru; Editing by Shinjini Ganguli)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Musk decries bitcoin's 'insane' energy use after Tesla payment U-turn
- Police in California Arrest Tesla (TSLA) Driver Who Operated Car From Backseat, Charge Driver with Reckless Driving - DJ
- Exclusive: EHealth settles with Starboard, hands one board seat to activist
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Reuters
Related EntitiesFidelity Investments, Tesla
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!