Bill Gates and Melinda Gates to divorce
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Bill Gates and Melinda Gates announced via Twitter that they will divorce.
In a joint statement, the couple said:
"After a great deal of thought and a lot of work on our relationship, we have made the decision to end our marriage."
The two have been married for 27 years and raised three children.
Gates is the founder of Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) and the two started the philanthropic Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which they will continue to work together on.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. screens 1.64 million people at airports, highest since March 2020
- Merck's Ken Frazier Named Chief Executive's 2021 CEO of the Year
- Gritstone Oncology Changes its Name to Gritstone bio to Reflect Expanded Therapeutic Focus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesBill Gates, Twitter, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Trust
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!