Ackman's Pershing Square swaps Starbucks for a slice of Domino's
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
FILE PHOTO: Bill Ackman, CEO of Pershing Square Capital, speaks at the Wall Street Journal Digital Conference in Laguna Beach, California, U.S., October 17, 2017. REUTERS/Mike Blake/File Photo
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) -Billionaire investor Bill Ackman's Pershing Square Capital Management has taken a stake in Domino's Pizza Inc, the pizza chain said on Wednesday.
Ackman, whose bets on companies are closely watched, told the Wall Street Journal in an interview https://www.wsj.com/articles/bill-ackman-ceos-and-artists-headline-wsjs-future-of-everything-festival-11620811806?mod=breakingnews earlier that he had swapped his shares in Starbucks Corp for a little under 6% stake in Domino's.
"It's (Domino's) a very compelling story and big international growth opportunity ... and there's plenty of room to run both here and abroad," Ackman said during the Journal's Future of Everything Festival event.
Domino's, whose shares rose 5.9% to a record high of $447.1, said in an emailed statement that it welcomed Ackman's investment in the company.
Starbucks said it would not comment on shareholder decisions. Its shares were down 2.4%.
Pershing Square declined to comment.
(Reporting by Praveen Paramasivam in Bengaluru and Uday Sampath; Editing by Maju Samuel and Aditya Soni)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Artisan (APAM) Opposes Vivendi's Plan to Sell UMG Stake to Ackman SPAC, Pershing Square Tontine (PSTH) - Bloomberg
- Swiss voters to decide on pesticides ban, terrorism law and COVID-19 aid
- Surfboards and calming waters, U.S. first lady meets UK military veterans
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesGeneral News, Hedge Funds, Reuters
Related EntitiesWilliam Ackman, Pershing Square Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!