Trump says trade deal between US, UK to be comprehensive
FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump holds a letter from Britain's King Charles as he meets with British Prime Minister Keir Starmer in the Oval Office at the White House in Washington, D.C., U.S., February 27, 2025. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque/File Photo
(Reuters) -U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday that an agreement with Britain would be a full and comprehensive one, amid expectations the two countries would soon sign a trade deal.
"The agreement with the United Kingdom is a full and comprehensive one that will cement the relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom for many years to come," he said on the Truth Social platform.
"Because of our long time history and allegiance together, it is a great honor to have the United Kingdom as our FIRST announcement. Many other deals, which are in serious stages of negotiation, to follow!" he said.
Trump earlier in the day said that Thursday would be "a very big and exciting day" for the United States and Britain, and that there would be a news conference at 10 ET (1400 GMT).
(Reporting by Gursimran Kaur in Bengaluru, Editing by Bernadette Baum)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tens of thousands ordered to evacuate in Nevada as fire threatens Reno
- Israeli airstrikes in Gaza kill two people, including 4-year-old boy, medics say
- Landslide at Guinea landfill kills 30, government says
Create E-mail Alert Related Categories
Forex, ReutersRelated Entities
Donald J. TrumpSign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!



Tweet
Share