Bitcoin rises 8% to $48,861.48
- Wall Street ends mixed despite bumper big-bank earnings
- Coinbase (COIN) Soars 52% in Public Debut
- Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) Nears Deal to Buy PPD, Inc. (PPD) for More Than $15 Billion -DJ
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports a Q1 Beat on Revenue and Profit Fueled by Release of $5.2 Billion Reserved for Bad Loans; Shares Slightly Down
- Dell Technologies (DELL) Announces Planned VMware (VMW) Spin-Off
FILE PHOTO: A collection of bitcoin (virtual currency) tokens are displayed in this picture illustration taken Dec. 8, 2017. REUTERS/Benoit Tessier/Illustration
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Bitcoin rose 8 % to $48,861.48 on Monday, adding $3,620.52 to its previous close.
Bitcoin, the world's biggest and best-known cryptocurrency, has risen 76.2% from the year's low of $27,734 on Jan. 4.
Bitcoin, the world's biggest and best-known cryptocurrency, has fallen 16.3% from the year's high of $58,354.14 on Feb. 21.
Bitcoin's price soared this year as major firms, such as BNY Mellon, asset manager BlackRock Inc, credit card giant Mastercard Inc, backed cryptocurrencies, while those such as Tesla Inc Square Inc and MicroStrategy Inc invested in bitcoin.
Ether, the coin linked to the ethereum blockchain network, rose 8.74 % to $1,546.06 on Monday, adding $124.29 to its previous close.
(Reporting by Bhargav Acharya in Bengaluru; Editing by Chris Reese)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Coinbase listing marks latest step in crypto's march to the mainstream
- Elon Musk's SpaceX raises $1.16 billion in equity financing
- Toy cars get eco makeover to inspire children
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesForex, General News, Reuters
Related EntitiesTesla, Bitcoin
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!