Freddie Mac (FMCC) Reports 30-year FRM Averaged 6.57%
- Futures slip as mixed data clouds Fed policy outlook
- 12 Wall Street analysts discuss Apple Vision Pro as 'hefty' price pushes shares lower
- Bitcoin slides to near 3-month lows after SEC sues Binance
- SEC sues Binance, Apple unveils Vision Pro headset - what's moving markets
- Apple (AAPL) should buy Disney (DIS) to drive adoption of Vision Pro - analyst
Get Alerts FMCC Hot Sheet
Overall Analyst Rating:
NEUTRAL ( Up)
Revenue Growth %: -9.2%
Join SI Premium – FREE
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Freddie Mac (OTCQB: FMCC) today released the results of its Primary Mortgage Market Survey (PMMS), showing the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 6.57 percent.
“The U.S. economy is showing continued resilience which, combined with debt ceiling concerns, led to higher mortgage rates this week,” said Sam Khater, Freddie Mac’s Chief Economist. “Dampened affordability remains an issue for interested homebuyers and homeowners seem unwilling to lose their low rate and put their home on the market. If this predicament continues to limit supply, it could open up an opportunity for builders to help address the country’s housing shortage."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 6.57 percent as of May 25, 2023, up from last week when it averaged 6.39 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 5.10 percent.
- 15-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 5.97 percent, up from last week when it averaged 5.75 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 4.31 percent.
The PMMS is focused on conventional, conforming, fully amortizing home purchase loans for borrowers who put 20 percent down and have excellent credit. For more information, view our Frequently Asked Questions.
Freddie Mac’s mission is to make home possible for families across the nation. We promote liquidity, stability, affordability and equity in the housing market throughout all economic cycles. Since 1970, we have helped tens of millions of families buy, rent or keep their home. Learn More: Website | Consumers | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
MEDIA CONTACT: Angela Waugaman703-714-0644[email protected]
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/50106ff0-8ab7-40da-923a-b816b2c93034
Source: Freddie Mac
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Recruiter.com Group (RCRT) Announces Business Combination with GoLogiq
- Intellia Therapeutics (NTLA) Announces Resignation of Jean-François Formela from Board
- Nuwellis (NUWE) Announces Appointment of Mike McCormick to its Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEconomic Data
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!