Zoom Shares Surge 15% on Q1 Earnings Beat and Raise
- Wall Street ends first day of third quarter with solid rebound
- Tesla (TSLA) Delivered 254,695 EV Units in Q2, Below Consensus
- Goldman Sachs Warns Clients of More Equity Market Losses in Second Half of 2022
- Kohl's (KSS) Falls 15% After Ending Sale Talks With Franchise Group and Issuing Q2 Warning
- General Motors Warns It Has 95k Vehicles in Inventory Without Certain Components
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Zoom (NASDAQ: ZM) shares were trading around 15% higher after-hours following the company's Q1 earnings results, with EPS of $1.03 coming in above the Street estimate of $0.87. Revenue increased 12% year-over-year to $1.07 billion, in line with the Street estimate. The company has approximately 198,900 enterprise customers as of the end of the quarter, representing a 24% year-over-year growth. The number of customers contributing more than $100,000 in trailing 12 months' revenue was 2,916, up 46% year-over-year.
“In Q1, we launched Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Whiteboard and Zoom IQ for Sales, demonstrating our continued focus on enhancing the customer experience and promoting hybrid work. We believe these innovative solutions will further expand our market opportunity for future growth and expansion with customers,” said Zoom founder and CEO, Eric S. Yuan. “Additionally in Q1, we delivered revenue of over one billion dollars driven by ongoing success in Enterprise, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Phone, which reached 3 million seats during the quarter. We also maintained strong profitability and cash flow, including 17% in GAAP operating margin, approximately 37% non-GAAP operating margin, approximately 49% operating cash flow margin, and over 46% adjusted free cash flow margin.”
The company expects Q2/23 EPS in the range of $0.90-$0.92, compared to the consensus of $0.88, and revenue in the range of $1.115-1.12 billion, compared to the consensus of $1.11 billion.
For the full 2023-year, the company expects EPS in the range of $3.70-$3.77, compared to the consensus of $3.53, and revenue in the range of $4.53-4.55 billion, compared to the consensus of $4.55 billion.
Shares of Zoom were down 51% year-to-date into the results.
By Davit Kirakosyan
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GM (GM) says vehicle wholesale volumes were impacted by timing of semiconductor shipments, reaffirms FY EPS guidance
- Micron (MU) Shares Drop 4% on Significant Q4 Guidance Miss
- Apple Lawyer Responsible For Enforcing Insider Trading Policy, Pleads Guilty to Years of Insider Trading
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot List, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!