World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Tops Q1 EPS by 29c
- Wall Street closes lower as inflation fears prompt tech sell-off
- Dogecoin Sees 'Sell the News' Reaction to Musk's SNL Appearance, as 'Hustle' Comment is Weighed Against Launch 'To the Moon'
- Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) Downgraded to 'Neutral' at Citi as Decelerating Growth Is Not Bullish for Multiples
- Elliott Management has stake in Duke Energy (DUK) - WSJ
- Ethereum (ETH) Soars Above $4,000 to Print Fresh Record Highs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
World Wrestling Entertainment (NYSE: WWE) reported Q1 EPS of $0.51, $0.29 better than the analyst estimate of $0.22. Revenue for the quarter came in at $263.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $255.03 million. Adjusted OIBDA1 was $83.9 million, an increase of 9% or $6.6 million.
In January, the Company issued guidance for 2021 Adjusted OIBDA. As previously discussed, the Company estimated it can achieve 2021 Adjusted OIBDA of $270 - $305 million as revenue growth, driven by the impact of the Peacock transaction, the gradual ramp-up of ticketed live events, including large-scale international events, and the contractual escalation of core content rights fees, is offset by the increase in personnel and television production expenses. The Company is not changing full year guidance at this time. While first quarter 2021 results were up on a year-over-year basis, they were largely driven by the impact of the WWE Network-Peacock licensing agreement, including the upfront revenue recognition related to the delivery of certain WWE Network intellectual property rights, and therefore should not extend into future quarters. Additionally, the guidance range remains highly dependent upon the Company’s ability to stage live events, including large-scale international events
For earnings history and earnings-related data on World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TuSimple (TSP) Reports Q1 Loss of $6.43; Offers FY21 Revenue Outlook
- i3 Verticals, Inc. (IIIV) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c, Revenues Miss; Offers FY21 Revenues Views Above Consensus, FY21 EPS Mid-Point Guidance Above Consensus,
- NortonLifeLock Inc. (NLOK) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c, Revenues Beat; Offers FY21 EPS/Revenues Guidance Above Consensus
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!