Williams-Sonoma (WSM) Tops Q1 EPS by 4c; Guides
- S&P 500 closes at record high as Apple, healthcare stocks help shrug off Delta worries
- Tencent (TCEHY) Falls Sharply as State Media Describes Online Games as ‘Spiritual Opium’, Company Vows to Improve
- Oil settles lower in volatile trade on worries about Delta variant
- Clorox (CLX) Falls Sharply as COVID-19 Demand Wanes
- Dollar steadies as markets weigh economic risks, central bank moves
Williams-Sonoma (NYSE: WSM) reported Q1 EPS of $0.48, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.44. Revenue for the quarter came in at $1.03 billion versus the consensus estimate of $1.01 billion. The company reported comparable brand revenue growth of 4.6%.
Williams-Sonoma sees Q2 2015 EPS of $0.53-$0.57, versus the consensus of $0.59. Williams-Sonoma sees Q2 2015 revenue of $1.085-1.105 billion, versus the consensus of $1.1 billion. The company comparable brand revenue growth of 4-6%.
Williams-Sonoma sees FY2015 EPS of $3.35-$3.45, versus the consensus of $3.46. Williams-Sonoma sees FY2015 revenue of $4.95-5.02 billion, versus the consensus of $4.99 billion.The company comparable brand revenue growth 4-6%.
Laura Alber, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "Our first quarter results were better than we expected, driven by West Elm and our new businesses, as well as strong operational and financial execution across all of our brands. Based on the results we see across our portfolio, we are confident in the fundamentals of our business and the year ahead. We believe that our growth strategies, consistent execution and operational discipline, put us on track to deliver another record year for our shareholders."
Ms. Alber concluded, "We believe our strong brands and profitable multi-channel strategy create a sustainable competitive advantage. We are focused on executing our long-term growth initiatives and we believe we are well-positioned for consistent market share gains."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Williams-Sonoma (WSM) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Activision Blizzard (ATVI) Tops Q2 EPS by 46c
- UPDATE: PS Business Parks (PSB) Tops Q2 EPS by 81c (CORRECTION)
- Primoris Services (PRIM) Misses Q2 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!