Webster Financial (WBS) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c, Beats on Revenues
- Square (SQ) to Acquire Afterpay for $29B in All Stock Deal
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Webster Financial (NYSE: WBS) reported Q2 EPS of $0.64, $0.04 better than the analyst estimate of $0.60. Revenue for the quarter came in at $262.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $195.91 million.
Highlights for the second quarter of 2017 compared to the second quarter of 2016:
- Record earnings applicable to common shareholders of $59.5 million.
- Revenue of $262.5 million, an increase of 8.5 percent, including net interest income of $197.8 million, a record level, and non-interest income of $64.6 million.
- Loan growth of $1.0 billion, or 6.2 percent, with growth of $899 million in commercial and commercial real estate loans.
- Deposit growth of $1.6 billion, or 8.7 percent, with growth of $1.0 billion in health savings account and transactional deposits.
- Annualized return on common shareholders' equity of 9.63 percent
- Annualized return on average tangible common shareholders' equity (non-GAAP) of 12.65 percent.
- Net interest margin of 3.27 percent, up 19 basis points.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Webster Financial (WBS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Marin Software (MRIN) Misses Q2 EPS by 23c
- Grainger (GWW) Misses Q2 EPS by 31c, Offers FY Guidance
- V.F. Corp. (VFC) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Raises Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!