Webster Financial (WBS) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Webster Financial (NYSE: WBS) reported Q1 EPS of $0.62, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.57. Revenue for the quarter came in at $255.7 million versus the consensus estimate of $190.89 million.
Highlights for the first quarter of 2017 compared to the first quarter of 2016:
- Revenue of $255.7 million, an increase of 7.3 percent, including a record level of net interest income of $192.7 million, and non-interest income of $63.0 million.
- Loan growth of $1.2 billion, or 7.8 percent, with growth of $1.1 billion in commercial and commercial real estate loans.
- Deposit growth of $1.5 billion, or 8.1 percent, with growth of $1.2 billion in health savings account and transactional deposits.
- Net charge-off ratio of 0.13 percent.
- Annualized return on average tangible common shareholders\' equity (non-GAAP) of 12.47 percent.
- Net interest margin of 3.22 percent, up 11 basis points.
- Effective tax rate of 27 percent benefited from an accounting change.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Webster Financial (WBS) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Marin Software (MRIN) Misses Q2 EPS by 23c
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c, Updates Guidance
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c, Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!