WD-40 Co. (WDFC) Tops Q4 EPS by 29c
- Dow ends at record high, Nasdaq falls as tech slides
- Trump's Facebook (FB) Ban Upheld, Oversight Board Asks Company to Come Up With a 'Proportionate Response' Going Forward
- PayPal (PYPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c, Offers Q2 and FY Guidance
- Peloton (PTON) Plunges After Recalling All Treadmills, Analyst Says Will Negatively Impact Broader Tread Rollout
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Gains After Topping Q1 Consensus as 5G Story Accelerates, 'More to Come' Says Analyst
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
WD-40 Co. (NASDAQ: WDFC) reported Q4 EPS of $1.42, $0.29 better than the analyst estimate of $1.13. Revenue for the quarter came in at $111.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $98.8 million.
"Fiscal year 2020 brought us many unexpected challenges but it also brought many unexpected opportunities," said Garry Ridge, WD-40 Company's chairman and chief executive officer. "As a global business that sells products in more than 176 countries and territories around the world, each of our markets were impacted differently by the COVID-19 pandemic and therefore our sales results varied greatly between geographies. In geographies where retail operations remained open and where we were able to leverage our strong digital presence, we saw strong sales growth. However, in markets with strict movement restrictions in place or less developed e-commerce adoption, our sales were challenged."
"An unexpected developing trend we experienced in the fourth quarter was an increase in demand for products linked to renovation trends associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. It seems that the more time people spend isolated in their homes, the more time and money they spend making home improvements. We are calling this trend, 'isolation renovation' and in nearly all our direct markets we saw double-digit sales growth of WD-40 Multi-Use Product due to this phenomenon."
"I also want to take this opportunity to thank our tribe for their commitment during these challenging times. Thank you for working hard to ensure that customer orders were obtained, production lines were functioning, orders were fulfilled, and customers and end-users were getting the products they need. 2020 has been challenging but we have successfully been able to stabilize, secure, and reset our business so that we will thrive in the future," concluded Ridge.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on WD-40 Co. (WDFC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rent-A-Center (RCII) Tops Q1 EPS by 21c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 Revenues Guidance Above Consensus, FY21 EPS Mid-Point Views Above Consensus
- Myomo (MYO) Tops Q1 EPS by 9c, Revenues Beat
- LHC Group (LHCG) Tops Q1 EPS by 14c, Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!