Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c
- Stocks, gold gain as investors stay cheery on rate outlook
- MongoDB delivers upbeat guidance after Q3 results beat
- Oil steady as markets weigh OPEC+ cuts against China demand concerns
- SentinelOne jumps 13% on Q3 beat & raised guidance
- Dollar steady, euro soft as traders wager rate cuts to begin in Q1
Vuzix Corp. (NASDAQ: VUZI) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.17), $0.01 worse than the analyst estimate of ($0.16). Revenue for the quarter came in at $970.4 thousand versus the consensus estimate of $700 thousand.
uzix CEO and President Paul J. Travers said, "We are seeing momentum in orders of our wearable products, as more and more customers convert successful pilot programs to commercial orders. Total quarterly revenues for the 3 months ended September 30, 2015 were up over 125% from our second quarter ending June 30, 2015, and up 46% over the same period ending September 30, 2014. We are pleased that sales of M100 Smart Glasses advanced 38% in the third quarter compared to the prior year, as customer volume roll-outs accelerate. As our customers' programs mature and with our new products on the horizon we are very excited about the outlook for the Company."
Mr. Travers continued, "The order flow from enterprise has also improved the make-up of our sales mix over the course of 2015 as we continue to successfully transition to all new product and technology offerings. We are also well prepared for what we anticipate will be a significant uptick in orders moving to 2016. The Company's newly opened Rochester facility will have the capacity to produce millions of waveguides annually and will be a highly advanced R&D center for new product and development."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Box (BOX) Misses Q3 EPS by 2c; offers outlook
- Toll Brothers Q4 results top estimates; touts strong demand ahead
- J. M. Smucker (SJM) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c, Offers Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!