United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c
- Tesla lifts Nasdaq to record-high close, S&P 500 dips
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Dollar edges higher as Fed debate over inflation continues
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
- Microsoft (MSFT) Price Target Raised to 'Street High' $325 at Wedbush as Cloud Story Is Not Slowing Down
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
United Airlines (NYSE: UAL) reported Q2 EPS of $2.75, $0.12 better than the analyst estimate of $2.63. Revenue for the quarter came in at $10 billion versus the consensus estimate of $9.95 billion.
- UAL reported second-quarter net income of $818 million, diluted earnings per share of $2.66, pre-tax earnings of $1.3 billion and pre-tax margin of 12.7 percent.
- Excluding special charges, UAL reported second-quarter net income of $846 million, diluted earnings per share of $2.75, pre-tax earnings of $1.3 billion and pre-tax margin of 13.2 percent.
- Second-quarter diluted earnings per share increased nearly 50 percent year-over-year; excluding special charges, second-quarter diluted earnings per share increased over 5 percent year-over-year.
- Delivered the top airline operation among major competitors, including the best completion, on-time arrival and departure performance in the second quarter.
Oscar Munoz, chief executive officer of United Airlines, said, "The positive financial and operational performance this past quarter demonstrates that United is firmly on the right path. From investing in our products and our people, redoubling our focus on the customer experience, closing the margin gap with our peers and delivering strong returns to our investors, we have made important progress and moved United decisively forward. No single quarter constitutes a trend and we still have much further to go before we fully realize the potential of this airline and exceed the expectations of our customers. But, we also know that one success begets another and the strong financial and operating performance we posted this quarter adds to the momentum that all of us here at United are determined to build upon."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on United Airlines (UAL) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steelcase (SCS) Tops Q1 EPS by 7c, Offers Q2 Guidance
- SWK Holdings (SWKH) Resumes $5M Share Repurchase Program
- Harte Hanks (HRTH) Promotes Brian Linscott to CEO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!