UPDATE: MasterCard (MA) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS of 85c
- Inflation angst bruises world stocks
- Bitcoin Falls as Musk Says Tesla (TSLA) Will Suspend Vehicle Purchases Using Bitcoin, Citing Use of Fossil Fuels in Mining
- Dollar holds gains after inflation surprise; Bitcoin partly recovers
- Silvergate Capital (SI) to be the Exclusive Issuer of U.S. Dollar Backed Stablecoins by Diem (FB)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/12: (AMRK) (SI) (SONO) Higher; (WISH) (POSH) (TDUP) Lower (more...)
MasterCard (NYSE: MA) reported Q2 EPS of $0.85, in-line with the analyst estimate of $0.85.
Net revenue for the second quarter of 2015 was $2.4 billion, a 1% increase versus the same period in 2014. (The Street was looking for revenue of $2.41 billion.) Adjusted for currency, net revenue increased 7%. Net revenue growth was driven by the impact of the following:
- An increase in cross-border volumes of 17%;
- A 13% increase in gross dollar volume, on a local currency basis, to $1.1 trillion; and
- An increase in processed transactions of 13%, to 12.0 billion.
These factors were partially offset by an increase in rebates and incentives, primarily due to new and renewed agreements and increased volumes. Acquisitions contributed 2 percentage points to total net revenue growth.
Worldwide purchase volume during the quarter was up 12% on a local currency basis versus the second quarter of 2014, to $841 billion. As of June 30, 2015, the company’s customers had issued 2.2 billion MasterCard and Maestro-branded cards.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on MasterCard (MA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alexco Resource (AXU) Reports Q1 EPS of Cdn$0.01
- Kubient, Inc. (KBNT) Tops Q1 EPS by 15c
- Relmada Therapeutics (RLMD) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!