Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c, Reports 330M MAU
- Wall St subdued as traders watch for policy cues from Fed speakers
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Stocks hold firm as dollar dithers ahead of US data
- Micron (MU) raises forecast on improved supply/demand balance and pricing
- There is a 'significant shift in sentiment' on Boeing stock says RBC and upgrades to buy
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) reported Q4 EPS of $0.19, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.14. Revenue for the quarter came in at $731.6 million versus the consensus estimate of $686.06 million.
- Average monthly active usage (MAU) was 330 million for Q4, an increase of 4% year-over-year and flat compared to the previous quarter.
- Daily active usage (DAU*) grew 12% year-over-year, marking our fifth consecutive quarter of double-digit year-over-year growth.
Q4 was a strong finish to the year with total revenue increasing 2% year-over-year, and owned-and-operated (O&O) advertising revenue increasing 7% year-over-year, reflecting better-than-expected growth across all major products and geographies.
- We achieved GAAP profitability for the first time and delivered our highest ever GAAP net income, adjusted EBITDA, and adjusted EBITDA margins in Q4. GAAP net income in Q4 reached $91 million with adjusted EBITDA of $308 million. GAAP net margins in Q4 reached 12% and adjusted EBITDA margins reached 42%, achieving our long-term target range of 40-45% for the first time.
- We launched new features to help people discover and talk about what's happening on Twitter, including making it easier to thread Tweets and expanding the character limit to 280 characters for more people around the world.
- For Q1, we expect:
- Adjusted EBITDA to be between $185 million and $205 million
- Adjusted EBITDA margin to be between 33% and 34%
- Stock-based compensation expense to be in the range of $100 million to $110 million
- For FY 2018, we expect:
- Stock-based compensation expense to be in the range of $350 million to $450 million
- Capital expenditures to be between $375 million and $450 million
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Twitter (TWTR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zscaler shares slip following conservative annual billings guidance
- Micron Technology (MU) Updates First Quarter Fiscal 2024 Guidance
- Bright Scholar Education Holdings Limited (BEDU) Reports Q4 Loss of RMB3.92
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!