Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 7c
- Wall St subdued as traders watch for policy cues from Fed speakers
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Stocks hold firm as dollar dithers ahead of US data
- Micron (MU) raises forecast on improved supply/demand balance and pricing
- There is a 'significant shift in sentiment' on Boeing stock says RBC and upgrades to buy
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) reported Q3 EPS of $0.21, $0.07 better than the analyst estimate of $0.14. Revenue for the quarter came in at $758.1 million versus the consensus estimate of $701.57 million.
- Average daily active users (DAU) increased 9% year-over-year, compared to 14% in the same period of the previous year and compared to 11% in the previous quarter.
- Average monthly active users (MAU) were 326 million for Q3, compared to 330 million in the same period of the previous year and compared to 335 million in the previous quarter, impacted by a number of factors including: GDPR, decisions we have made to prioritize the health of the platform and not move to paid SMS carrier relationships in certain markets, as well as a product change that reduced automated usage and a technical issue that temporarily reduced the number of notifications sent.
- Average US MAUs were 67 million for Q3, compared to 69 million in the same period of the previous year and compared to 68 million in the previous quarter.
- Average international MAUs were 259 million for Q3, compared to 260 million in the same period of the previous year and compared to 267 million in the previous quarter.
- Adjusted EBITDA to be between $320 million and $340 million
- Adjusted EBITDA margin to be between 39% and 40%
- Capital expenditures to be between $60 million and $85 million
- Stock-based compensation expense to be in the range of $85 million to $90 million
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Twitter (TWTR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zscaler shares slip following conservative annual billings guidance
- Pinduoduo (PDD) Tops Q3 EPS by 267c
- Citi Trends (CTRN) Misses Q3 EPS by 43c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!