Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- Wall St subdued as traders watch for policy cues from Fed speakers
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Stocks hold firm as dollar dithers ahead of US data
- Micron (MU) raises forecast on improved supply/demand balance and pricing
- There is a 'significant shift in sentiment' on Boeing stock says RBC and upgrades to buy
(Updated - April 25, 2018 6:58 AM EDT)
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) reported Q1 EPS of $0.16, $0.05 better than the analyst estimate of $0.11. Revenue for the quarter came in at $664.9 million versus the consensus estimate of $604.07 million.
DAU grew 10% year-over-year, marking another quarter of double-digit year-over-year growth. We continue to make Twitter easier to use with the launch of Bookmarks and video timestamps, and we’re making it easier to follow topics, interests, and events with new, curated timelines of Tweets around breaking news events across different parts of Twitter.
Average MAUs were 336 million for Q1, an increase of 3% year-over-year and an increase of 6 million compared to 330 million in the previous quarter.
For Q2, we expect:
- Adjusted EBITDA to be between $245 million and $265 million
- Adjusted EBITDA margin to be between 37% and 38%
- Stock-based compensation expense to be in the range of $85 million to $95 million
For FY 2018, we expect:
- Stock-based compensation expense to be in the range of $350 million to $450 million
- Capital expenditures to be between $375 million and $450 million
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Twitter (TWTR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zscaler shares slip following conservative annual billings guidance
- Check-Cap (CHEK) Tops Q3 EPS by 6c
- Nanox (NNOX) Misses Q2 EPS by 7c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!