Twitter (TWTR) Misses Q2 EPS by 14c, Revenue Beats, Offers Guidance
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) reported Q2 EPS of $0.05, $0.14 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.19. Revenue for the quarter came in at $841 million versus the consensus estimate of $829.07 million.
Average monetizable daily active usage (mDAU) was 139 million, compared to 122 million in the same period of the previous year and compared to 134 million in the previous quarter.
- Average US mDAU was 29 million, compared to 26 million in the same period of the previous year and compared to 28 million in the previous quarter.
- Average international mDAU was 110 million, compared to 96 million in the same period of the previous year and compared to 105 million in the previous quarter.
Twitter sees Q3 2019 revenue of $815-875 million, versus the consensus of $869.31 million.
- Operating income to be between $45 million and $80 million
For FY 2019, the company expects:
- GAAP operating expenses to increase approximately 20% on a year-over-year basis in 2019 as we continue to invest for growth and support the top priorities we outlined at the beginning of the year: health, conversation, revenue product and sales, and platform
- Stock-based compensation expense to be in the range of $350 million to $400 million
- Capital expenditures to be between $550 million and $600 million
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Twitter (TWTR) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ulta Beauty (ULTA) Tops Q3 EPS by 8c, Offers Guidance
- Elastic N.V. (ESTC) Tops Q2 EPS by 13c; offers guidance
- Pure Storage plunges 17% on soft outlook; Analysts see further multiple compression
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings, Hot Guidance
Related EntitiesTwitter, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!