Tesla (TSLA) Tops Q4 EPS by 42c, Revs Beat
- S&P 500, Dow end at record highs as weak jobs data eases rate worries
- U.S. Added Only 266,000 Jobs in April, Well Below Estimates
- Roku (ROKU) Surges After Crushing Profit Estimates to Prompt an Upgrade to 'Buy' at Loop Capital
- Dollar broadly weaker after U.S. jobs data disappoint
- Square (SQ) Tops Q1 EPS by 25c
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) reported Q4 EPS of $2.14, $0.42 better than the analyst estimate of $1.72. Revenue for the quarter came in at $7.38 billion versus the consensus estimate of $7.02 billion.
- Model Y production ramp started in January 2020, ahead of schedule
- Record vehicle deliveries of 112,095 in Q4
From the company: "2019 was a turning point for Tesla. We demonstrated strong organic demand for Model 3, returned to GAAP profitability in 2H19 and generated $1.1B of free cash flow for the year. We achieved strong cash generation through persistent cost control across the business. Our pace of execution has also improved significantly, as we have incorporated many learnings from our experience launching Model 3 in the United States. As a result, we were able to start Model 3 production in Gigafactory Shanghai in less than 10 months from breaking ground and have already begun the production ramp for Model Y in Fremont. None of this would be possible without strong demand for our products. For most of 2019, nearly all orders came from new buyers that did not hold a prior reservation, demonstrating significant reach beyond those who showed early interest. Amazingly, this was accomplished without any spend on advertising. As more people drive our cars and as the industry rapidly validates electrification, interest in our products will continue to grow. Higher volumes driven by Model Y and Gigafactory Shanghai, continued improvements in operating leverage, and further cost efficiencies should allow Tesla to ultimately reach an industry-leading operating margin."
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Tesla (TSLA) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ark's Cathie Wood thinks Twitter (TWTR) tipping could be bigger deal than anticipated
- CIGNA (CI) PT Raised to $284 at Cantor Fitzgerald
- Tupperware Brands (TUP) Upgraded to 'Buy' at Citi on Encouraging Turnaround Progress, Shares Gain
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Hot Earnings
Related EntitiesTesla, Earnings, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!