Teladoc (TDOC) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Issues Guidance Light of Views
- S&P 500 hits 2023 closing high as Powell strengthens peak rate bets
- Santa will continue to deliver - Stock Trader's Almanac
- 5 Tesla analysts weigh in as Tesla stock lags after Cybertruck updates
- Shares climb, dollar falls with Fed comments inspiring dovish bets
- Ulta Beauty lifts guidance after Q3 results beat estimates
Teladoc (NYSE: TDOC) reported Q2 EPS of ($0.38), $0.01 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.39). Revenue for the quarter came in at $26.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $28.2 million.
“During the second quarter, we saw continued momentum across numerous dimensions of our business,” Jason Gorevic, chief executive officer of Teladoc, commented. “Visits exceeded our expectations, and for the 14th consecutive quarter, visit growth outpaced our membership growth, reinforcing our increasing utilization trends. Additionally, we are making progress toward our goal of EBITDA breakeven by the end of 2017, as we saw a $1.4 million sequential reduction in our second-quarter loss.”
Mr. Gorevic continued, “In spite of these positive trends in our business, we did not achieve our revenue expectations for the second quarter. A significant increase in the cost of advertising in our direct-to-consumer segment led to fewer ads placed, and therefore less revenue. In addition, two large, new clients that were forecasted to be implemented in the second half of 2016 delayed their launch dates to the start of 2017. Thus, we have adjusted our outlook for the remainder of the year.”
Teladoc sees Q3 2016 EPS of ($0.35)-($0.38), versus the consensus of ($0.27). Teladoc sees Q3 2016 revenue of $32-33 million, versus the consensus of $32.96 million.
Teladoc sees FY2016 EPS of ($1.47)-($1.52), versus the consensus of ($1.28). Teladoc sees FY2016 revenue of $121-124 million, versus the consensus of $126.43 million.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Teladoc (TDOC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ambarella (AMBA) gains on earnings beat, revenue growth not expected until fiscal 2025
- Cracker Barrel (CBRL) Misses Q1 EPS by 23c ; Offers Guidance
- Elastic surges 18% as AI boost yields beat and raise quarter, analyst upgrade
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!