SurModics (SRDX) Misses Q2 EPS by 2c; Narrows Outlook
- S&P 500, Nasdaq hit record closing peaks on eve of Fed meeting
- Oil steadies after hitting 2-yr high as demand hopes face supply growth
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Pops 10% as Tesla's Musk Signals Another U-Turn on Bitcoin Payments
- Lordstown Motors (RIDE): CEO and CFO Resign, Presents Results of Investigation Of Hindenburg Research Report
- Paul Tudor Jones is 'Probably' Buying Commodities, Crypto, Gold if Fed Continues to Ignore Inflation Concerns, Endorses Bitcoin (BTC) as a Portfolio Diversifier
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SurModics (NASDAQ: SRDX) reported Q2 EPS of $0.05, $0.02 worse than the analyst estimate of $0.07. Revenue for the quarter came in at $17.5 million versus the consensus estimate of $16.23 million.
- Total Revenue of $17.5 Million, up 5% year over year; Medical Device revenueincreases 10%
- EPS of $0.04, Non-GAAP EPS of $0.05
- Narrows financial outlook for fiscal 2017
"This was an excellent quarter, both in terms of our revenue performance above expectations and the progress on our strategic initiatives,” said Gary Maharaj, President and CEO of Surmodics. "We made headway in our R&D pipeline for both our drug-coated balloon programs and catheter and peripheral balloon devices. These investments, we believe, will drive long-term shareholder value,” concluded Maharaj.
Fiscal 2017 Outlook
Surmodics narrowed its revenue and earnings guidance to reflect the strength of revenue in the first half of fiscal 2017, the expected increased research and development expenses in the second half of fiscal 2017 to support the Company’s whole-product solutions strategy and the contingent consideration adjustments recorded in the second quarter of fiscal 2017. Surmodics now expects fiscal year 2017 revenue to range from $65.0 million to $68.0 million, up from previous expectations in the range of $64.0 million to $68.0 million. The Company now expects diluted earnings (loss) in the range of $(0.02) to $0.08 per share as compared with the prior guidance of $(0.07) to $0.08 per share. Non-GAAP earnings per share guidance range is now $0.15 to $0.25 as compared with prior guidance of $0.18 to $0.33 per share.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on SurModics (SRDX) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Optical Cable Corp. (OCC) Reports Q2 EPS of $0.45
- UPDATE: Wolfe Research Starts Omega Healthcare Investors (OHI) at Peerperform
- Motorcar Parts of America (MPAA) Reports Q4 EPS of 0.04
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!