State Street Corp. (STT) Posts Q1 EPS of 81c
- Inflation angst bruises world stocks
- Bitcoin Falls as Musk Says Tesla (TSLA) Will Suspend Vehicle Purchases Using Bitcoin, Citing Use of Fossil Fuels in Mining
- Dollar holds gains after inflation surprise; Bitcoin partly recovers
- Silvergate Capital (SI) to be the Exclusive Issuer of U.S. Dollar Backed Stablecoins by Diem (FB)
- Cathie Wood's ARK Adds Another 2.1M Shares of Palantir (PLTR) on Wednesday
State Street Corp. (NYSE: STT) reported Q1 EPS of $0.81, which may not compare with the analyst estimate of $1.00. Revenue for the quarter came in at $2.49 billion versus the consensus estimate of $2.53 billion.
First-quarter 2014 results included pre-tax severance costs of $72 million, or $0.11 per share, related to staff reductions to realign our cost base to support our goal of positive operating leverage for the full year while continuing to invest in growth opportunities and meet evolving regulatory requirements. Additionally, compared to the fourth quarter of 2013, first-quarter 2014 pre-tax expenses and EPS included an incremental $146 million, or $0.23 per share (up from $118 million, or $0.18 per share, recorded in the first quarter of 2013), primarily associated with the seasonal deferred incentive compensation expense for retirement-eligible employees and payroll taxes.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on State Street Corp. (STT) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alexco Resource (AXU) Reports Q1 EPS of Cdn$0.01
- Dawson Geophysical (DWSN) Reports Q1 Loss of $0.22, Revenues Miss
- Utz Brands (UTZ) Misses Q1 EPS by 1c, Revenues Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!