Sohu.com, Inc. (SOHU) Reports Q1 Loss Per Share of $2.50
- Apple, healthcare stocks lift S&P 500 amid Delta variant worries
- Tencent (TCEHY) Falls Sharply as State Media Describes Online Games as ‘Spiritual Opium’, Company Vows to Improve
- Oil extends losses in volatile trade as Delta variant angst spreads
- Clorox (CLX) Falls Sharply as COVID-19 Demand Wanes
- Dollar languishes, other safe haven currencies shine amid Delta caution
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Sohu.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: SOHU) reported Q1 EPS of ($2.50), $0.94 worse than the analyst estimate of ($1.56). Revenue for the quarter came in at $455 million versus the consensus estimate of $425.44 million.
For the second quarter of 2018, Sohu estimates:
- Total revenues to be between US$485 million and US$510 million.
- Brand advertising revenues to be between US$65 million and US$70 million; this implies an annual decrease of 19% to 24% and a sequential increase of 16% to 24%.
- Sogou revenues to be between US$295 million and US$305 million; this implies an annual increase of 40% to 45% and a sequential increase of 19% to 23%.
- Online game revenues to be between US$85 million and US$95 million; this implies an annual decrease of 22% to 31% and a sequential decrease of 10% to 19%.
- Before deducting the share of non-GAAP net income pertaining to non-controlling interest, non-GAAP net loss to be between US$28 million and US$38 million. Assuming no new grants of share-based awards, the market price of our shares is unchanged and considering the impact of the payment of special cash dividend from Changyou, we estimate that compensation expense relating to share-based awards will be around US$4 million. Including the impact of these share-based awards, GAAP net loss before non-controlling interest to be between US$32 million and US$42 million.
- Non-GAAP net loss attributable to Sohu.com Inc. to be between US$55 million and US$65 million, and non-GAAP loss per fully-diluted share to be between US$1.40 and US$1.65. Including the impact of the aforementioned share-based awards, and netting off approximately US$3 million of Sohu's economic interests in Changyou and Sogou, GAAP net loss attributable to Sohu.com Inc. to be between US$56 million and US$66 million, and GAAP loss per fully-diluted share to be between US$1.44 and US$1.70.
For the second quarter 2018 guidance, the Company has adopted a presumed exchange rate of RMB6.40=US$1.00, as compared with the actual exchange rate of approximately RMB6.86=US$1.00 for the second quarter of 2017, and RMB6.36=US$1.00 for the first quarter of 2018.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on Sohu.com, Inc. (SOHU) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Heska (HSKA) Tops Q2 EPS by 71c
- Alnylam Pharma (ALNY) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- Cummins (CMI) Tops Q2 EPS by 7c, to Explore Strategic Alternatives for its Filtration Business
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!