SmileDirectClub (SDC) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c
- S&P ends modestly lower as rising Treasury yields offset robust retail data
- Electronic Arts (EA) Rebounds on Reaffirmed Guidance Despite Battlefield 2042 Delay, Be Concerned But Not Worried Says Analyst
- U.S. retail sales surprise to upside in strong boost to economy
- Chat Platform Discord Raises $500 Million, Valuation More Than Doubled In Less Than a Year
- Dollar index climbs after U.S. retail sales show surprise rebound
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SmileDirectClub (NASDAQ: SDC) reported Q3 EPS of ($0.11), $0.03 better than the analyst estimate of ($0.14). Revenue for the quarter came in at $169 million versus the consensus estimate of $146.23 million.
The Company remains laser focused on providing the best Club Member experience, while driving controlled and profitable growth. Within the third quarter, the Company made meaningful progress against this plan and the associated future growth drivers; specifically, expanding the core customer acquisition channels, extending the value proposition to the teen demographic, and international expansion. On the cost side, the Company turned AEBITDA profitable one quarter ahead of plan through continued advancement in automating its manufacturing and treatment planning operations, continued discipline around the deployment of marketing and selling dollars, and ongoing cost discipline across the business.
The Company expects to continue to see favorable industry dynamics with broader acceptance of telehealth and specifically teledentistry, minimal penetration against the total addressable market, no real competitor that provides an end-to-end vertically integrated platform for the consumer, and clear aligners gaining share in the overall industry. The Company would expect these dynamics to accrue to more efficient customer acquisition costs, as the Company continues to execute against its 20-30% annualized revenue growth targets.
As the low-cost provider with brand presence and no pricing pressure, and in an increasingly favorable climate for telehealth, the Company is well positioned to continue to gain share in the massively underserved market for clear aligners.
For earnings history and earnings-related data on SmileDirectClub (SDC) click here.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Gets a New Street-High PT of $2,600 at Piper Sandler
- ChannelAdvisor (ECOM) Announces Long-Term Financial Targets; $25M Share Buyback
- JinkoSolar (JKS) Tops Q2 EPS by $1.05
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesEarnings, Guidance, Hot Earnings
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!